Here’s what I’ve read (So Far…) in 2017
BTW, in 2016 I had made a concerted effort to read a variety of authors and styles. I had intended on keeping up that diverse reading tradition, but the first 7 books were all written by white, American or British dudes. Thanks Trump! LOL!
Books highlighted in this reddish color are highly recommended. Underlined links to my review.
1. Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters – Captain Chesley (Sully) Sullenberger, and Jeffrey Zaslow (Non-Fiction)
2. Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City – Matthew Desmond (Non-Fiction)
3. Flawless: Inside the Largest Diamond Heist in History – Scott Andrew, and Greg Campbell (Non-Fiction)
4. I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life – Ed Yong (Non-Fiction)
5. The Tourist – Robert Dickinson (Fiction)
7. 1984 – George Orwell (Fiction)
8. Bossypants – Tina Fey (Non-Fiction/Memoir)
9. H is for Hawk – Helen MacDonald (Non-Fiction/Memoir)
10. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store – Robin Sloan (Fiction)
13. Indian Bride – Karin Fossum (Fiction)
14. Black Seconds – Karin Fossum (Fiction)
15. Strangers on a Train – Patricia Highsmith (Fiction)